Rough Terrain Crane
Rough terrain crane is a crane mounted on an undercarriage with four rubber tires that is designed for pick-and-carry operations and for off-road and “rough terrain” applications. Outriggers are used to level and stabilize the crane for hoisting. These telescopic cranes are single-engine machines, with the same engine powering the undercarriage and the crane, similar to a crawler crane. In a rough terrain crane, the engine is usually mounted in the undercarriage rather than in the upper, as with crawler crane. Rough-terrain cranes have high mobility and can work best if combined with the operation of a tower crane. These cranes are very good in rough terrain conditions and where frequent relocation of cranes is needed. They are available with both the lattice-type and telescopic-type booms. The rough-terrain cranes can manage grades even up to 35o.
A rough terrain crane is subclass of a hydraulic crane. As a self-propelled crane mounted on an undercarriage with four rubber tires, rough terrain cranes are specifically designed to operate on off-road and rough applications and surfaces. Designed specifically for pick-and-carry operations, the rough terrain crane is used for building bridges, operations in power and chemical plants and refineries and for large-scale construction projects.
This heavy-duty industrial crane is typically transported by a truck or lowboy and uses outriggers that extend horizontally and vertically from the undercarriage to stabilize the crane when it is being hoisted. A telescopic boom featuring mulltiple extensions give the rough terrain crane a wide range of lift capacity.
All rough terrain cranes are powered by a single-engine with hydraulically operated winches mounted in the undercarriage. Similar to a crawler crane, the engine powers both the undercarriage and the crane.
Features Of YJMT Rough Terrain Crane
- 20-25 tons (18-22 mt) maximum lifting capacity
- 72\’ (21.9 m) maximum boom length
- 121\’ (36.9 m) maximum tip height
- 121′ (36.9 m) maximum tip height
- Three-section full power, mechanically synchronized boom with single lever control
- Side stow swing-on jib offsettable 0o, 15o or 30o
- Two-speed main and auxiliary winches
- Quick reeving boom head and hook block
- Flipper style, fully independent outriggers
- Easy entry environmental operator\’s cab optimizes visibility and productivity
- RCI 510 load system Rated Capacity Indicator
- Easy to read load chart books include range diagrams
- 12-month or 2,000 hours warranty, major weldments are five years or 10,000 hours
Shanghai Ying Ji Machinery Trading Co., LTD. (YJMT) is a specially authorized foreign trade corporation. The corporation’s main business is machinery export, include construction machinery, crane machinery, mining machinery, special doors, beauty equipment etc. We supplies Rough terrain crane for sale and we have exported Rough terrain crane to many countries.